To ensure food, water, livelihoods and income security together with a growing quality of life to vulnerable and disadvantaged communities on a sustainable and equitable basis
Efforts towards involving the community in the development process through awareness creation on their potential and resources for achieving self reliant social and economic development initiatives. This will be achieved through enhancement of skills and capabilities of the communities and involving them actively in development process.
To Create opportunities for providing sustainable livelihoods for the rural families, especially vulnerable sections and ensure sustainable livelihood, clean environment, good quality of life and human values. This will be achieved through effective utilization of local resources, extension, transfers of appropriate technologies, building village level institutions and their capacities. AVISHKAR is a secular, dedicated and professionally managed organization.
Our Core Values
- Gender sensitivity
Strategies and Approaches
At the core of AVISHKAR s innovative approach is the Community-Based-Organization (CBO) framework, which provides us with a valuable entry point to rural communities and enables us to effectively implement changes at the grassroots for local populations. The activities we undertake all fall under the CBO framework, ranging from Women empowerment and entrepreneurship programs to health, education and agri based livelihood initiatives. The CBOs Self-Help Groups, (SHGs) Joint liability groups,(JLGs), Farmer clubs Farmer producer organizations and vegetable growers associations. We form are thus able to take up development challenges and achieve sustainable development through facilitated access to networks and linkages with government organizations, international development organizations and banks.
- Facilitate active participation of the rural communities, especially on women, vulnurble section community and organise them into institutions for initiating sustainable development programmes.
- Identify youths who are committed for the cause of rural development and build their capacity for overall development of villages.
- Identify the needs and problems, prioritization of the same and evolving plans and solutions based on local resources by adopting PRA and other techniques.
- Building and sustaining farmer’s producer organizations and strengthening of farmer’s capacity through eco-friendly farming systems for enhanced productivity.
- Training and capacity building programmes for community based organisations (CBOs) for planning, implementation and management development interventions.
- Emphasis on sustainable and environment friendly initiatives for the conservation and improvement of natural resources like land, water, vegetation and livestock.
- Focus on promotion of sustainable agriculture, natural farming and organic farming practices.
- Monitoring and evaluation of development projects.